DIY Samsung TV Repair T-Con Boards Replacement Guide & Easy How to repair Vertical Lines problem for Samsung TV Repair
Click Here to BUY TV PARTS: http://bit.ly/ShopJimmyTV
The T-Con Board shown in this video is a compatible substitute for the following part numbers and is a replacement for the following LCD TV models:
LCD TV Model Numbers:
• SAMSUNG LE40A656A1FXXU
• SAMSUNG LE40A686M1FXXU
• SAMSUNG LE40A756R1MXXU
• SAMSUNG LN40A630M1FXZA
• SAMSUNG LN40A650A1FXZA
• SAMSUNG LN40A750R1FXZA
Top Common Samsung LCD TV problems for bad Timing Control T-Con Boards:
• Lines on TV Screen
• Solarization, Inverted LCD Display, Negative Picture
• High Contrast Colors
• Coloured Dots
• Bad LVDS Cable
TV Repair Made Easy™
© 2012 ShopJimmy.com, LLC.
WARNING! Please make sure that your TV is unplugged, and that you are protected from static electricity. There are various ways to eliminate static electricity, but the most common way is to use a grounding wrist strap. Take photos and notes often to help remember the location and orientation of the parts and wires. And feel free to pause and backtrack through this tutorial as much as needed.
To be best prepared to replace the T-Con Board inside of your TV, you will need the following materials:
• A pair of latex gloves.
• Your ShopJimmy.com replacement Timing Controller T-Con Board.
• A pair of needle-nose pliers.
• Both a flat-head and phillips screwdriver.
• And a cup to hold all screws, clips, and any other small items. So let’s get to it, shall we?
• Locate your TVs identification label and take note of the brand name, model number, serial number, and model code if present.
• Unscrew and remove the back cover.
• The timing control board, or T-Con board is a part of your TV’s LCD Panel Assembly. It is connected to the main board via the LVDS cable and to the LCD panel via flat ribbon cables.
• The T-Con board is centered at the top edge of the back of the panel and can be hidden under a metal or plastic cover.
• Unscrew and remove the metal bracket.
• Carefully unplug all wires and ribbon cables by hand.
• Unlock the wire connectors by squeezing the tab or tabs and gently remove the wires, be sure to keep a firm grip with both hands.
• Please note that the LVDS cable is very fragile two hands may be required to release and remove the connector.
• Using your finger, flip up the tab on the ribbon connector and gently remove the ribbon.
• Please do not use a screwdriver to open ribbon connectors as it can cause damage to the pins.
• Unscrew and remove your original T-Con board from the chassis.
• A partial part number for this item can be found printed on the barcode label.
• Search your partial part number on http://www.shopjimmy.com/ to find a compatible replacement.
• Click on the search results to view important product specifications.
• Insert all screws to secure your ShopJimmy new T-Con board to the chassis.
• Reconnect all cable and ribbon connections.
• Gently guide the ribbon back into the connector, match the line printed on the ribbon cable with the edge of the connector and close the tab on the top.
• Return the back cover to its original position and secure all screws.
• This ShopJimmy replacement T-Con board does not require any manual configurations in order to function. Simply plug in and power on and your LCD TV will function as if new!
Thank you for watching one of our many tutorials here at ShopJimmy.com! We strive to learn and share new TV repair tips every day. Subscribe to our youtube channel and grow with us. Share our videos with your friends and help us spread the savings.